Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Prompt of the Day

Okay, it's almost the end of November and I'm just now looking at the BlogHer site. Apparently there's a prompt for every day! Who knew?

Today's prompt is what is the last thing you do before bed?

What a lovely room!*
Since I have insomnia, I try to go to bed at around the same time every night (between 9 and 10 - hey I get up at 4:30, so that's reasonable). The thing is, I always have to read before I fall asleep - no matter how late it is. So no matter what, the last thing I do is read a couple of pages in my current book.

If I'm in bed and have finished my reading, but then remember that I have to take my pills or brush my teeth...I go do the whatever and come back to bed. Then I have to pick up the book again to get a couple more pages in. I don't feel right if I don't read right before falling asleep.

On rare occasions, my daughter has come into my room, removed my glasses, and turned off the light for me. Yes, she's a good girl.


(*image cribbed from here:  http://houseandgardenningaddicts.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/feng-shui-bedroom-saidaonline.jpg )

No comments: