Saturday, November 19, 2011

Coco Delilah


Have you seen a Lexie Barnes bag up close? They're magnificent. She makes the most gorgeous, most functional bags ever. Well, she did. She recently stopped making bags. I had always anticipated buying a Coco (the bag she made for holding circular knitting needles). A few weeks ago a friend told me that she's no longer making them and I panicked. I went online and managed to find one that someone was getting rid of. I shipped her the $$ that day and waited.


It's been 3 weeks and I was getting a little nervous. I figured I wait to see what came in the mail today and hoped my bag was there. 


In anticipation of Thanksgiving, my girls and I started the fall house keeping today. In the entry way, there's a bench that becomes the collection point of everything that we carry into the house. Shoes, boots, gloves, backpacks, coats, etc. - it all gets dropped here. That was where we started our attack. I picked up the top layer and came upon what looked like a Coco bag. I picked it up and said, "What's this?"


My daughter said, "I don't know."


Henriette said, "I've never seen it before."


I whirled on both of them and said, "Neither of you put this here?" They shook their heads.


I walked out the door, across the yard, and over to my mother-in-law's house. She has a labrador retriever who's known to chew things up (most recently the top of a styrofoam cooler belonging to my dad). I slapped the bag on her counter and said, "This was something I ordered 3 weeks ago that I just found in my house."


"Well, it clearly looks like a dog chewed it up, but I don't think I've ever seen it before," she said.


I told her the girls hadn't ever seen it before, but it was on the bench IN MY HOUSE.


She had the temerity to say, "When might this have been? I may have put it there, but I really don't remember."


I came back home and cried. Then I called my husband (in Florida) and yelled at him for a few minutes.


It's not the end of the world. But here's the thing, I don't have a whole lot of money to be throwing around and I was so lucky to find this case and so happy to have a treat for myself.


People wonder why I don't like dogs. This is it.

No comments: