Friday, November 25, 2011

Design Website

I found a great design website while cruising the web this morning (and eating pumpkin pie). It's written by Kara Paslay who's had careers as a basketball player, designer for Anthropologie, and has now set out to create with her husband - they're working on having their own TV show. It's called Kara Paslay Designs and is chock full of great ideas that you can do yourself.


Bubble mobile
She does a lot of rooms, shows you the room, and then does posts that show individual pieces of the room - with tutorials. Take a look at this. It's a glass bubble mobile that's simple to make and looks fabulous! Here's the tutorial on how to make it. There are tons of pictures and step-by-step instructions. I have no idea where I'd put it in my house, but it's gorgeous and I want one!




Sunburst mirror frame
She uses a lot of circles and sun/star burst patterns that I really love. Here's the sunburst mirror/picture frame that she made. Again, not a very complicated project (you can either insert a photo or a small mirror in the opening), but one that could really finish off a space. I don't think it would take a lot of time to make one, but how cool would it look?


As I'm reading further and further back into her archives, I kept saying to the Hub "Look at this one! Wow, take a look at THIS one!" Finally he looked up at me (he was reading) and said, "Why don't you save a bunch of these and show them to me all at once?"


"Book" shelf
Here's my absolute favorite idea. How many giant, coffee table books do I have sitting on the book shelf that no one ever even cracks open? (Hint: a LOT) This is a great idea to use a couple of them. Isn't that a cool way to display something small? She used a textbook from her undergraduate years, but I can imagine putting a book in there that somehow ties into the decorating scheme of a room.


I can't tell you how inspired I am by this woman's site. I spent a good chunk of time this morning going further and further back and I'm so excited to give some of her fabulous ideas a try. I love stumbling across tons of blogs to find a gem and I think I'll be back to this one over and over.

No comments: