Saturday, November 26, 2011

Long? Weekend

Really, I had 5 days in a row off? Tomorrow, the Hub and Little Big Man will leave again.

The Hub is heading for Florida. He has a flying student who wants to start on Monday. Actually, his head was still in Florida this whole trip. Understandably it was a short one, but I expected him to be fully here and he just wasn't. When I pointed it out, he was at least aware he was doing it. His explanation was that he has to go back and be "on". I get it, it was just a little hard to take.

Little Big Man is going back to school. He appears to be doing well there and we'll know for sure when grades come out in a couple of weeks. Every time I asked him to do something this weekend, he was there and ready. It was a joy to have him here - he was friendly and engaging and only spent 1 night with friends. I will miss him.

It will be nice to have a houseful of just women again, though. Fewer coffee cups, fewer people sharing the bathroom, more places to go when the insomnia hits. But it will be quiet.

No comments: