Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Best Weekend Ever!

I have a posse. They are women I've know for a while (from 2 to 16 years) and we all share a passion for knitting and/or spinning. Last year, we were bummed out because we couldn't afford to go to the Spin Off Autumn Retreat (SOAR) even though it was practically in our back yard. We decided we could have our own retreat, and we did. We call it BLAR (Black Lake Autumn Retreat) even though BLAR II was in April this year.

BLAR was last weekend. We left on Thursday morning and all met up at ... Black Lake. Here's the count, by the numbers:

9 women (and one baby)
4 days
2 lbs of M&Ms
7 six packs of beer (2 different versions of Guinness!)
7 lbs of bacon (we ate bacon at every meal on Friday and Saturday)
20 movies (including Bridesmaids, Jane Eyre, Persuasion, Kinky Boots, and The Secret of Road Inish)
several pounds of fiber spun
1 sweater seamed up
countless minutes of breathless laughter

Mmmmmmmmm!
I LOVE these women. We never fail to have a good time together and every time I approach BLAR weekend, I worry that I won't have as much fun as last time. Every time I come home, I think, "THAT was the best one ever." Re-entry has been hard. It's only Tuesday and I'm already thinking about sleeping in on Saturday. But, I'm looking forward to April 2012 for the next Best! Weekend! Ever!

No comments: