Thursday, May 29, 2003

Today's post is a gallery of finished projects. I took a whole plastic tub of projects with me on the Yarn Slut weekend and actually did finish some of them. The gold ribbon for the oldest object goes to the Tricoter scarf. I was in Seattle last September for business and went to the shop, mostly to say I'd been there. [As an aside, I much prefer Weaving Works in Seattle, but Tricoter is a beautiful shop.] Because I had to have something from this shop, I bought yarn for a scarf for which I paid the equivalent of the gross national product of a small African country (Trendsetter Dune, Berroco Plume and some hand dyed silk ribbon). Now it is finished...


I also finished one of Bev Galeskas' Garden Party Hats. This is the hat for the 4-year-old of my co-worker...
It was a little fiddly, the flower on the front is make up of 3 pieces and then stitched together and to the hat. I normally don't do fiddly, but it was so cute I didn't mind too much. I have to say that I probably won't make this hat again (after the white version for the baby).

And finally, even though I didn't officially finish these on the trip, they were finished on Monday. Steve's socks...
I wasn't crazy about this colorway as I was knitting, however the lovely browns really came together to make a nice pair of socks. Have I mentioned that I love this yarn??

Jillian just dared me to knit a Starmore. Can you believe it? She knows how many other projects I have in the wings - and she threw down the gauntlet anyway. I have to say, I've been on the Starmore website and I'm limited by the upper sizes on some of the sweaters. I must admit to loving Glen Albyn. For the price of the kit, do I get the pattern too or do I have to buy a book? Not a problem for me, I just want to know in advance. Damn you Jillian!

No comments: