Friday, May 16, 2003

Having a fibery 1/2 day today. I'm taking this afternoon off to travel to a yarn shop I haven't been to in about 5 years. Jillian and I are traveling to the Village Yarn Shoppe in Plymouth to get a head start on our fibery weekend (which of course is next weekend - but who's going to quibble?).

I just found out that a remote location co-worker is going to have her second baby in June. She's remote because she works at the hospital and my office is downtown. I didn't even know she was pregnant and felt stupid when I received the shower invitation! Anyway, she knows she's having a girl, so I'm planning on doing one of those adorable hat kits (I can't remember the name right now) but they come in little plastic bags and use Brown Sheep's cotton fleece yarn. They look like little knitted birthday cakes to me. I did one in bright colors for a boy and I'm looking forward to doing a girly one. Michelle has a 4-year-old daughter as well. It might be time to dig out one of those old Quanah kits and make a little girl purse.

Too many plans and not enough time to execute them. I need to have another stretch of insomnia.

No comments: