Wednesday, May 21, 2003

I started packing for the fiber weekend last night. It's important to get just the right mix of projects. I think we'll be knitting a good bit of the time. (Even Jillian and I will have to sit and rest after a fiber frenzy.) I've packed yarn for 2 pairs of socks in Mountain Colors (my son helped me roll them into balls last night). I think I'll have something to do to keep me busy as well as not too much to do so that I can play with my purchases.

Here's my list (so far):
2 more skeins of Mountain Colors (for Steve and Mark)
silk brick

No really, that's all! I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised by what I find. The last time Jillian and I had a real frenzy was back in 1996 at the Estes Park Wool market. I had gone down to spend a week and we travelled far and wide sampling the fiber from several places. My favorite is still Lambspun in Fort Collins, Colorado. I have dreams about going into that place. It's a little adobe building with a coffee bar (although Jillian just told me that they've expanded - probably not so little anymore). I also remember a nice little place in Boulder - help me out with the name - Skeins....? Tiniest little shop, but they had all kinds of yarn for knitting and weaving.

I took a picture at Estes Park of a mini-van filled to bursting with fiber and wheels and decided that some day that would be me. I had to buy another suitcase to ship all of my purchases home. What fun!! I think I still have some of that stuff (unspun) but lovely to look at. We're gonna have a great time this weekend...2 more days!

No comments: