Wednesday, May 28, 2003

So, on Saturday, we were up early (too early to go shopping). What did we do? Yup, knit. Our only cross to bear this weekend was that the hotel had the most vile coffee imaginable. When we checked the yellow pages, there was only one listing for Starbucks (on Wealthy street!) and it wasn't anywhere near our planned stops. Fortunately, on our way to the first yarn shop, Jillian spotted a Starbucks and screeched across 3 lanes of traffic for us to get our fix. Mmmmmm, we were ready to play.

Our first stop was Stitches (where the sales clerks wore matching polo shirts with the name of the store stitched on). Mostly needlework stuff (embroidery and counted cross stitch), but there was a little yarn. Of course we were obligated and I came out with a skein of Brown Sheep's Cotton Fleece to finish the Garden Party Hats I'm working on.

Then it was off to Threadbender. Wow! Very nice woman in the shop (I don't think I ever got her name - but she was great!). They had a HUGE selection of everything from the recycled sari yarn to Opal sock yarn. By the time we got to this shop, we were so overwhelmed at colors and textures that it was time to stop (and besides, we were hungry). Jillian talked me into buying enough Blue Sky Alpaca to make myself some gloves in colors I never would have picked out. I think what she said was, "Those are not the colors I would pick. There's nothing subtle about my color choices." It's good to have a friend that makes you stretch. I also bought some Australian Merino for socks. One more thing about Threadbender, they are sandwiched between 2 shops on the right is Skinny's (?) and on the left is...


So here's the picture of my haul for the whole weekend:


And here's my friend Jillian in her cool pink fibery yarn from Woven Arts...


And one more parting shot:

No comments: