Sunday, December 04, 2011

Day 4: Glass Marble Magnets

The purple paper stash
I cannot take the credit for this idea. As I mentioned a couple of days ago, I have become addicted to Pinterest. I kept seeing people repin this blog post and figured it would be fun for the girls to have a go at it. We went to Michael's yesterday and picked up the flat bottom marbles, glue, and magnets. After homework was done tonight, they sat down and started. I still have a ton of paper from my scrapbooking days, so they've raided the paper stash and are having fun comparing what they've done.

I was pleased with the flat bottomed marbles. I expected to get the small ones (even though I think they're too small). Then I found these. They're about 1.75 inches across and not perfectly round. I think they have a little character to them more than the smaller ones. Apparently, glass is sold by the pound. There were giant bags of small marbles for $6.99. These bags were something like $2.59 and there are approximately 18-20 in each little bag.






Here are Sassy's first few pieces (purple):



And these are Hens' (green):


They're branching out now and trying colors that aren't their favorites. I asked what who they're going to give these to and they both looked stricken. "We have to give them away??!!!?"

No comments: