Friday, December 02, 2011

Day 2: Friday Roundup

Friday is going to be the roundup day for creativity. I'll revisit anything I've done during the week and provide any updates as well as look forward to what I'll be doing next week. I managed to snag the work camera and wow! I had forgotten what a great camera can do. The ease of taking these fabulous pictures made my head swim. I think my search for a new camera is at an end - I want one of these! (Nikon D5000)


Re-pourposed stocking
As it turns out, I could not rip out the beginnings of the stocking. I looked at it and looked at it and couldn't bring myself to pull out the needles and waste all of that effort. I channeled my knit friend Erica and said - "Hey, it's big enough for a hat!" So I bound off, wove in the ends, and pulled it on. It's a bit snug for me, but I'm a pumpkin head. I think I'll throw a couple of tassels on the points and shop it around. If it fits and someone likes it, it's theirs.




Stocking 2.0
I cast on again (with about 30 fewer stitches) and came up with this. It's a lovely start and I'm sure I'll be able to finish this in plenty of time for Christmas. I thought the stripes were a little small for the scale of the piece, so I increased those as well. In the hat, the stripes are 5 of the dark green, and 3 of the other 2 colors. In the new version, I went with 7 of the dark green and 5 of the others. There isn't much to see here, yet, but I already like them better.






Lynne Vogel Ltd top (2 different colorways)
I also wanted to share a skein of yarn that I blogged about a couple of weeks ago. It's really gorgeous and while it doesn't technically fit into creativity this week, I'm still in love with it. If you're a spinner and don't know who Lynne Vogel is - go find out! Her etsy shop (here) is lovely and filled with wonderful patterns. She doesn't dye much anymore, but when you can catch whatever she's dyed, consider yourself lucky! She also consults with Three Waters Farms to work on colors and occasionally, you can find some of her colors there. (Again, no affiliation with either of these shops, except that Lynne is my friend and there's that fabulous indie artist thing that I live by.)


Anyway, this picture is a better representation of the colors of this wonderful skein of yarn. I love it!




Up next week: ATC 

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with these fish cards, but they will be used next week in conjunction with the artist trading cards I have. There will be mod podge, watercolor crayons and pencils, and funky paper. Stay tuned.

No comments: