Saturday, December 10, 2011

Day 10: Future Creativity

I was Jillian's second today, Uhura to her Kirk. We tripped over to the west side of the state to pick up a loom she had loaned to a friend and drop it off to another friend. As expected, we had lots to talk about. 


Earlier this week I received the e-mail that let me know I'm officially accepted as a vendor at Fiber Expo 2012. There's lots to do between now and then. Jillian told me I needed a plan...here's the beginnings of it:




This week, I will be

  1. ordering a sign with my logo on it
  2. placing an order for fiber and yarn (including any new base fibers needed)



By the end of 2011, I will have

  1. finished my financial statements for my accountant
  2. a spreadsheet that tells me what I sold at each of the fiber shows I did in 2011
  3. a list of colors that will always appear in my shop/at shoes
  4. an idea of limited edition and one-of-a-kind colors



By the end of January 2012, I will have

  1. all the fiber and yarn up on Etsy
  2. a booth plan
  3. table coverings
  4. display materials
  5. pattern support for the yarn (hat, mittens, shawl)



We also laughed a lot and I got some knitting done. It was an absolutely gorgeous day to be driving around gray, wintery Michigan. I finished my holiday shopping (stocking stuffers) and even managed to pick up a couple of things for myself. 


Jillian always knows when I need a kick in the pants and she never kicks me when she knows I can't take it. She tells me things that I sometimes don't want to hear, but really need to. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is the very best kind of friend to have. 

No comments: