Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 13: Knitty

Do you read the Knitty blog? Do you know what Knitty is? Let's start there. It's the longest running ezine for knitters. Free patterns, wonderful columns, and a great review of all things fiber. My friend Amy is the founding editor and my friend Jillian is the editor of KnittySpin (Knitty's sister publication) and the glue that keeps it all together.

There's also a Knitty blog where Amy, Jillian, and Kate (editorial assistant) take turns posting about their fiber adventures and today, Jillian wrote about me. Go read the post here. It's true, every word. 

Frequently I get a text or a phone call that starts with "Do you want to...". I've said for years that there are 2 people I would willingly go anywhere they asked and pretty much do anything they asked me to do - Jillian is one of them. So it's no surprise that I would have the missing pieces of her stash. 

When I got the text from her, I knew exactly where the bag of fiber was - I could picture it on my shelf in the fiber room. It was pretty gratifying to walk into that room on Saturday, see the bag, and actually lay my hands on it within a minute of walking into the room. Also, there's the superhero aspect of it...

One more story about how we are fiber symbiosis at its best. We were at The Spinning Loft on Saturday and were piling up bunches of fiber for consideration. She threw a gorgeous hank at me, but I decided it didn't work with what I had going and set it aside. She picked it up and put it in her own pile. Anyone want to take bets that at some future point I will be looking for "something" to finish off a project I have going and she's going to say, "Wait a minute..." and come up with that hank?

No comments: