Friday, December 19, 2003

Good karma

Last night I went out at 8:00 pm to give a friend a knitting lesson. I don't like to leave my home after I get there from work. All I want to do is put on my jammies, turn on my heated mattress pad, and chill out. She usually comes by during the day and once even brought me lunch (salmon spread on a bagel - stop laughing Jillian). So, we couldn't hook up this week during the day and she asked me to meet her at a local restaurant and help her turn the heels on her socks. I went. It was fine. She knit the heel flap, turned the heel, and picked up the stitches on sock #1. She wanted to do them both at the same time, so sock #2 is up to the point where she'll knit the heel flap next. She's hoping to have the pair done for her "gentleman caller" for ChrisTmas. I told her to call me if she got into any trouble and I could talk her through it. What I want to know is, does this get me good karma? Even though I pissed and moaned about having to go? I must at least get good karma for allowing her to kiss and hug me when we parted ways (cheek kiss, but still...).

We're having a Lord of the Rings weekend. I haven't seen The Two Towers yet (Hub took Little Big Man to see it last year). I went and bought the extended version a couple of days ago and Little Big Man's plan is to sit in front of the TV all day Saturday and watch the first 2 movies before we go on Sunday to see the third. I've been trying to think of something I can knit while staring at the screen. I think big fluffy scarves of mohair and Eros are in order. They're on the projects list - so it's fair game.

I'm so excited about the Great Stash Redistribution Project that Amy over at Cyborgoddess has organized. I'm the the "Slip-Stitch" group. The idea is that a box full of yarn is shipped out. When it gets to your house, you take out anything you like and add stuff from your own stash that you've fallen out of love with. The beauty of this whole scheme is that I can get some of the beautiful, but unused yarn out of my house and someone else will fall in love with and use it. At the same time, if something strikes my fancy in the box, it can stay with me. I can't wait!! This is the perfect thing to look forward to in the new year.

No comments: