Monday, July 21, 2003

Unbelievable!!!!

I listen to the Tour de France on live radio here at work. In the last minutes of the stage today, I sat with my hands on my desk and my mouth hanging open. My stomach hurts now, but the man has done it.

17 H 07 - The Top 10 Overall Places
The top 10 after stage 15 is:
1. Lance Armstrong
2. Jan Ullrich at 1'07"
3. Alexandre Vinokourov at 2'45"
4. Haimar Zubeldia at 5'16"
5. Iban Mayo at 5'35"
6. Ivan Basso at 8'08"
7. Tyler Hamilton at 9'02"
8. Christophe Moreau at 11'09"
9. Francisco Mancebo at 16'05"
10. Carlos Sastre at 16'12"

He fell when he snagged something a spectator was holding. The leaders of the race waited for him to catch up and then he attached them! He went on to catch the rider at the lead of the course and won by 40 seconds. Now I have to go home and watch the coverage tonight. At least I know the outcome, so it won't be so bad. I'm sure my stomach will hurt all over again. What a geek I am.

Had a lovely dinner with Jillian and family last night. I love summer meals (corn on the cob and fresh made potato salad) - it was yummy. Then I went shopping at Casa Jillian. The saleswoman was extremely helpful and knew exactly what colors I love the most. She talked me into this...



Which became this while watching the Tour coverage last night...



The saleswoman convinced me that I must have a pair of my own socks and that I need to do them right away. Everyone should have such a good shop owner to go to!

No comments: