Wednesday, July 02, 2003

I was at my parents' house this weekend. Have I mentioned before that my mother makes me crazy? She's at the age now, where she can't remember things (61). In reality, she's always forgotten things, but never this bad. Lately she's been bitching to my sister about what an awful daughter I am - is it too late for me to be adopted by someone else?

I heard that died on Sunday. It made me very sad. The first movie I remember seeing her in was The Philadelphia Story. What a great flick - what a great woman.

I'm working on my last pair of Mountain Colors socks - still. It's been so hot (not that I'm complaining) that I haven't felt like touching anything to do with fibers, even with the air conditioning going. I also seamed up the Kandinsky Kimono. I should know by now that when a pattern says to "measure down xx inches and place a marker" that I won't like the width of the armseye. I put the thing on, and it's bunchy around my upper arm. Did I check this before weaving ends in? Of course not. So now the sweater is pouting in the corner while I screw up my courage to pull out the seams (did I mention the yarn is black?).

In other news, I want to wear this sweater to my 20th high school reunion. Yes, it's true, I was suckered in by the cool pamphlets and have sent in my check to attend the "cool" dinner. Okay the pamphlet wasn't really that cool - they expect me to dress like I did in high school...
ummmm, riiiiight.

No comments: