Thursday, July 03, 2003

I'm about to make a confession here. I'll admit to being a geek - my children call me a knitting geek, my husband calls me a techno-geek. I have another level of geekiness going this week. I can barely sit still and here's why...

It's the 100th anniversary of the Tour de France. The race starts on Saturday and I'm such a geek, I'm planning my fiber projects around the next 3 weeks. Last year, I spun 1.5 pounds of lovely yellow/green wool. I called it (what else?) Le Tour Fil. I'm trying to decide if I should spin again this year or knit something with the yarn I spun last year. The great thing is that we watch the race on OLN and the sportscasters are so good that I don't have to always be looking at the TV (which is good, because I sometimes have to pay attention to that drafting zone).

So, I'm getting ready for 3 weeks of late nights and very little sleep all for the purpose of watching Lance Armstrong and the Blue Train win their fifth in a row. Go yo-yo Lance!!!

No comments: