Thursday, June 05, 2003

Is it ever going to get warm here? It's been gray, cold, and rainy for a while now. One of the things I hate about Michigan winters is the low cloud ceiling and the fact that it's gray from October to March. Well, the gray hasn't gone away yet and it's June. Normally, I would be happy and knit away on my couch on a rainy day, but I have to brave the weather and go to work. I want to ride my bike! I want to spin on my deck! I want my husband to leave and go fishing! When, oh when, will the sun shine?!?

On the knitting front, I felt well enough to knit last night. Pair #4 of the Mountain Colors socks is 1/2 finished. I was at my aunt's surprise 60th birthday party on Saturday and impressed everyone with my sock knitting. How do you explain to people that it's just what you do? Knitting isn't something I think a lot about doing (when I'm doing it) - I just do it. Does that make sense? I'm always surprised when people ask what I'm doing and are very impressed with it. It actually embarrasses me when they ask if I knit the sweater I'm wearing and when I tell them yes, they make a big deal of it. Then I spend the next few minutes telling them 'it's no big deal - anyone can knit....' Somebody want to give me a pop-psychology reason why I down play my knitting (and hey, my job too)?

The Garden Party Hats are fini. I wanted to give them to the mom-to-be on Tuesday, but didn't make it into work. So, they'll be on her desk next Tuesday. They're pretty cute, if I can say that myself.

Now, I must force myself to finish the kimono. It's been languishing in pieces. There's 1/2 a sleeve left to do and then the seaming. I'll be at my sister's garage sale this weekend - it might be a good time to get it done. Is that a stated goal?

No comments: