Wednesday, August 06, 2003

Two weeks Boss free!!!

That's right, the boss left for 2 whole weeks. He took his family for their annual vacation to France. They left last evening. Of course this meant that I spent about an hour in his office before he ran out of here to go pack. He's a surgeon and he's been on call for the last 2 weeks (read: no time at home for almost 2 full weeks). We were sitting around yesterday after he left the office (at 4:00 pm) trying to imagine what his household would be like when he arrived home to pack for 2 weeks of travel and be out of the house by 6:00 pm. We laughed - a lot.

I've been knitting on my new Koigu socks. In my haste to get started, I didn't measure my swatch as well as I should have (and of course, you remember, I ripped it out as soon as I had measured). And, I ran out of yarn in the first ball with only the toe decreases left. "No problem," I think to myself, "I'll just run over to the shop and get another skein." A word of advice, you won't remember the exact color of the yarn at home - you won't. I bought what looked like the same color only to find that it's darker (more navy than light blue). "Oh well," I think, "it's close enough." I finished the first sock last night and tried it on. It's about 1/2 inch too wide. Enough so that when I wear it, it will bug me. So, I'll rip it back to the gusset decreases and begin again.

I also managed to get my yarn from Woodland Woolworks into balls. I tried to get some color cards to show you the colors, but came up with a big, fat zero. I'll have to scan the yarn in. They are lovely colors, sholmit, night hawk, port wine, and a sort of greyed out yellow (I can't remember the real name of the color - but it's very pretty). This self-designed aran has been kicking around in the back of my head for several weeks and I think I'm ready to start messing around with patterns and swatches. I haven't felt like tackling anything big right now (actually, I haven't felt like tackling anything right now - thus the many half done projects laying around my house). Maybe it's a knitting slump? School is starting on August 25, so there will be plenty of time spent waiting for dance class and hockey practice to be over; not to mention the cooler weather on its way.

No comments: