Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Hookin' and Grinnin'

Here's your shot at immortality Terri:


I brought the scarf in to work today and forced Terri to model it for you. I used almost 2 balls of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino for this creation. It was a lot of fun and I love the way it turned out.

My favorite part was


these little flower-like things. I think I understand why people make Granny Square afghans...immediate gratification. Those little flowers take less than 5 minutes to make and they're so darn cute. Sassy saw them this morning (as I was frantically sewing them on the scarf) and said, "Mommie, can you show me how to make these? I like the way they feel." I have to agree, they're squishy and they just feel good in your hand. I'm actually thinking of making a couple more of these scarves for my nieces - Christmas knitting.

And because I was on a roll having Terri model, here's the Mountain Colors Vest


Not that I want to embarrass her, but I snapped this pic right after she asked me, "Should I take my scrub top off?" Then she looked down and saw how open the lace pattern was. She's such a good sport!

Fi-ber lunch with Jill-i-an (you have to read that in a sing-song voice). We were going for Thai, but the placed is closed on Tuesdays for lunch! Then we spotted the BBQ place across the road. Buffet was amazing - it was kind of like being in someone's back yard; right down to the giant vat of baked beans. I needed a wet nap before I even started eating. Why do I always pick up the serving spoons and get gunk all over my hands? Did manage to keep the white shirt white though.

I'm sure someone eavesdropping on our conversations would have a hard time following them. This time, we covered everything from third trimester pregnancy to dealing with problematic co-workers. I consider it a huge bonus for me to have a friend who has more experience in the "business world" than I do. I pick her brain every chance I get and she always gives me good advice and clues me in to what I'm missing and need to think more about.

Additionally, she's pushing me on the ARAN project. I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around the whole thing. It's time to pick some patterns and get swatching already. Or as my mother says to my dad, "Enough with the planning, get to the doing!"

No comments: