Friday, August 08, 2003

Technology

I love it when things work the way they're supposed to. I've been having fits because my archives aren't showing up - where do they go? So I bit the needle and headed into the help section of Blogger. It was actually helpful and now my archives are showing up again. I'm still waiting for the computer hookup to my brain stem so all I have to do is think something and it comes spewing up on the computer. Now that would be cool.

I decided today that I'm bored. When I'm at home, all I can think about is the stuff that I need to do at work. And when I'm at work, all I can think about is the stuff I need to do at home. I think it's the lull before the storm. School starts on August 25 and I'm dreading all the commitments that will be rolling my way. There's already uproar at the school where my kids go. Some parents are trying to get rid of the administrator (I think she's terrific). I've been trying to keep my head stuck in the sand and hope it will blow over, but I don't think I'm going to be that lucky. A couple of people got themselves elected to the school board simply so they could have the power to sack her. I just want everyone to act like an adult and stop whining. Seriously, if I hear one more parent say, "She hurt my feelings," I'm going postal.

On the fiber note, my spinning guild meets this weekend. How lucky can I be to have crochet class last weekend and Spinner's Flock this weekend. Wonder if I can talk Jillian into swinging by. (Are you listening?) I just might have to break out the long neglected wheel. Maybe spinning can get me over my summer slump.

No comments: