Saturday, August 02, 2003

I am in LOVE...

and I'm braving dial-up internet service to tell you about it. On the advice of Jillian, I tuned in to Bravo's new show Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. (For 2 hours, and yes, I ignored my children to watch these 2 shows!) The premise, in case you aren't aware, is that 5 gay men take on a straight guy's life and inject, well, life. They make over his house, his wardrobe, his books/music, and his food.

I love Carson the fashion goddess best. He could say the bitchiest things with a smile - you gotta love that. He's who I would be if I were a gay man.

I want them for myself - somehow, I don't think 5 lesbians could come up with such a fabulous show.

One more thing, someone asked about the Regia sock yarn. It's Regia 4 fadig, ringel color, 75% wool, 25% polyamid. The color is 5047 (sorry, no name on this ball band). I love these socks and just bough more Regia while at the yarn shop this morning. I had to have some that did the fair isle patterning.

Crochet class was a ball. I think I'm going to have to pay royalties to whoever came up with "my people." These women are definitely my people. They are irreverant and loud and a scream to be with. Little quiet me just sat and took it all in - reveled in it actually. I'm the wall flower that sits and watches and never participates. It's nice to be with the "in" crowd. I'm afraid you'll have to look at everyone else's blog for photos. I didn't think to snag the digital before leaving work on Friday.

One word about crochet...fugly. A whole garment of it would be bulky and boardy. I think with sparing use, it will be a useful skill to have. I'm off to put the edge treatment on a long forgotten project - the Mountain Colors vest. Wish me luck.

No comments: