Friday, January 06, 2012

Dolly come home!!

That's Dolly. She's our 6.5 year old Brittany Spaniel and she's missing. My son let her out while he put his boots on yesterday afternoon (4:00 pm) and when he went out to walk her, less than 10 minutes later, she was gone. The kids looked and looked and even my mother-in-law drove Little Big Man around looking.

I've put an add up on Craig's list as well as a lost dog post at our county's humane society. I'll be calling the humane society in the next county over to see if they have her. I've printed 200 fliers that we'll post around our house and the kids will be canvassing the neighbors today. I can't think of anything else to do.


We live in a very rural area - she could be anywhere. There's also a possibility that someone picked her up. We were never able to instill stranger danger in this dog. Once one of Little Big Man's friends was coming over for a LAN party and his dad helped him carry in all of his equipment. The dad left and we were calling and calling for Dolly. A few minutes later the dad drove back up the driveway. Dolly had climbed into his car and didn't come out until he was down the road. If someone was nice to her, she'd get in their car without a problem.


What absolutely shreds me is thinking that maybe she got hit by a car and is lying somewhere hurt and can't get home. That wee little head thinking "Where are my people?"

Edited to add:
She's home! The kids went out this morning, spoke to several neighbors, and handed out pictures. About 12:30 a woman called and said, "My dad has your dog" and gave me his address. Little Big Man went over and picked her up.


Apparently, the man walked out of his house to do some errands this morning and she was sitting on his lawn. When he came back at noon, she was still there...waiting. He called his daughter about "this little dog" and she called me. Happy, happy day!

1 comment:

Tourism Indochina said...

so very cute dog..i like it..


Tourism Indochina