Tuesday, January 17, 2012

12 Shawls in 2012 - Pie Wedge Shawl

On Ravelry there's a group called, yes, 12 Shawls in 2012. My friend Katherine pinned a couple of shawls and I got pulled in. I had started a shawl on New Year's and I figured, "what the heck"? So here's my first shawl of 2012.


This is the Easy Pie Wedge Shawl. When you bought the Helen's Lace (multi) from Lorna's Laces, the pattern was on the ball band. It took about 1200 yards (there's still some left in the ball).


I started it on 1 January 2012 and finished it on 12 January 2012. It was a fairly easy knit, just garter stitch and yarn overs. I will admit that I had to fudge a couple of times because I ended up with more stitches than I should have had. No one will know and I can't actually remember where they are. That's just my caveat that you have to pay attention a little - not a totally mindless knit.


This picture shows the colors a little better than the above shot. The colorway is called Black Watch, and there are some rather dark bits, but it's mostly green and blue - really lovely.


I wore it to work today, because I could and with our unseasonable warmness, had to take it off about 30 minutes after I walked in the door. 


It's lightweight, quite soft, and exceedingly warm. I couldn't be happier with my first shawl of 2012.


Details:


Pattern: Free and Easy Pie Wedge Shawl
Designer: Lorna Misner
Yarn: Helen's Lace Multi (50% silk/50% wool)
Colorway: 304 Black Watch
Yardage: ~1200 yards
Time to knit: about 2 weeks


Up next: Milkweed Shawl

2 comments:

kaylastrever said...

i love this. its buetyful

Carla said...

Thanks so much. I've been wearing this very cold weekend and it has kept me toasty warm without adding a lot of bulk. Two thumbs up!