Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Opa!!!

My son's middle school class takes field trips occassionally to the public library to do research. The teachers like to take the kids to ethnic restaurants on these trips so that they try something different. Parents get to volunteer to take groups of kids to different places. Today, I went to my favorite Greek place, The Parthenon (right out of My Big Fat Greek Wedding). The kids just wanted to watch the waitress light the cheese and sausages on fire - it was a big thrill.

Afterwards, we went to Afterwords (I crack myself up). It's a remainder book shop, so everything is cheap. I haven't been in a while and I used to work right up the street, so I was a regular. I scored these:


for $5.98 - I've been looking for this for a while. I don't have any idea why I didn't buy it when it first came out. But I'm sure glad I found it - it was the only one on the shelf.


for $7.98

I found a fabulous sweater in Irresistible Knits that I must have. It's the Gatineau on page 40. I'll scan it tomorrow. It's a simple sweater with a basket weave pattern and some cables. One of those, just throw it on and go sweaters. Now if I could just find some yarn on the Elann site...

No comments: