Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Do You Believe in Miracles?

Last week, Kathy asked if anyone was planning on going to see the new movie Miracle about the gold medal winning 1980 US Hockey Team. At the time, I thought, "We're a hockey family - of course we're going to go!" Hub and I took the kids on Saturday night. We also introduced them to the illicit joys of buying movie candy at Target and sneaking it into the theater. Before we got out of the car, I said, "Leave it in your pocket until the theater gets totally dark." They dimmed the lights for the previews and immediately Sassy breaks out with, "Can I get my candy out now? It's dark!!" But I digress.

I remember lying on the floor of my parents' living room watching that game. It was so long ago and yet feels like yesterday. I sat weeping in the theater while Little Big-Man laughed at me (and passed me a napkin to wipe my face). Time passes way to quickly - and I'm digressing again.

I said to Hub as we were driving home, "You know, that Kurt Russell...I've been in love with him since


Hub did not remember that movie. I said, "Okay, I really loved the bad boy in


So, in Miracle, he plays a hockey coach from Minnesota (who dresses badly)


but I loved him anyway. I think he got the Minnesotan accent right (anyone from Minnesota agree?). I was a little disappointed that his wife never showed up with a hot dish, though. Anyway, I pay homage to the acting career of Kurt Russell. Go see the movie, it is a Disney classic and it will make you feel good.

No comments: