Friday, October 24, 2003

SOAR

I'm off on Sunday. I'm borrowing my mother-in-law's digital camera and I'll take tons of pictures. I've been looking forward to the trip for so long, I can't believe it's finally here!

It's been the craziest of weeks for me. As backstory, the research I do involves car crashes, and we're one of 10 centers around the country who do this kind of work. Back in September when we were all in Boston, my boss decided that we could host a working meeting with everyone coming here. So in about 6 weeks, I had a hand in organizing a meeting for about 30 people. The upshot was, it was an incredible meeting - we made so much progress I was amazed. The work starts now, with keeping the momentum going. I'm just glad it's over - I've been packing my bags for SOAR in my head all week.

Jillian asked me what my travel knitting would be. (I'm going with a friend who was in a car crash a couple of years ago and she doesn't like to relinquish the wheel to anyone - bonus for me!) I still haven't decided. I've turned the heel on my new Koigu sock, but I don't like to knit with double pointed needles in the car (I've seen a few too many airbag interactions). The Emerald Isle Pullover is too complicated, I have to look at the charts and if we're moving while I'm looking at charts, I get motion sick. I guess I'll just have to pick something off my projects list to take with me - can't be helped!

One more thing...Jillian wrote an "Ode to Carla" on her blog the other day. I have never been one to publicly announce my feelings (yeah, my dad didn't hug me enough - so what). I have to say, it's a humbling experience when someone writes about you exactly the way you would write about her (if you were as articulate). Having friends is a good thing, telling them how you feel about them is even better. J is right, go have lunch with a friend, and hug her when it's time to leave.

See you all next week!

No comments: