Wednesday, April 30, 2003

Now for the pictures of the Oat Couture Applegate Shirt...


As you can see, all I have to do is put in the left sleeve and seam the side up. I'm debating the best way to put the buttons on. I did take pictures of them, but the finer points of digital cameras evade me. I couldn't figure out how to get close enough to the button for detail and still get a sharp picture. The ones I took are very blurry - maybe a scanner would be better.

I'm also looking for the best way to attach the buttons to the band. They're maybe 1/2 an inch in diameter and have a little hook (shank?) on the back so they'll stick out a little bit. The yarn I used for the sweater is too thick to go through the eye comfortably. Maybe some embroidery floss?

I realized when I was taking all these pictures the other day that this is the first time I've ever worked on 2 adult sized sweaters at the same time and I'm actually making progress on both. I think it has something to do with setting goals for myself and (without being anal) actually accomplishing them. It will feel very nice to wear these two pieces.

No comments: