Tuesday, April 22, 2003

Ah, the trip up to my parents' house! My husband usually drives this 2 hour trip which means that I get a minimum of 4 hours of knitting time. We headed up there for Easter on Saturday and I had a splendid time with my Oat Couture sweater.

I believe I've knit this beast twice. The back has been finished for a while - it's the front that's giving me trouble. I mis-read the pattern and did the decreases at the beginning of the left front (instead of the end). To avoid having to rip it all back and have nothing to show for all that work - I tricked myself and knit the right front before ripping. Some how this makes me feel better about the whole mistake.

So I finished the left front (again) and started on a sleeve for the trip back. I finished it late Sunday night. At this point, the second sleeve is about 1/2 done. I think I'll be able to wear this sucker by the weekend!

The Kimono is on the back burner, but I've been knitting a couple of rows a night. Once the other sweater is done - it's back on this full time.

No comments: