Saturday, July 23, 2005

Please Mr. Sandman

I love naps, really I do. However, I should never take a nap after normal working hours. I just laid down for a minute and passed out for over an hour. Now I can't sleep. It sucks. I just got back from 3 days in Boston (which also sucked, but that's a different story) and I'm exhausted from being with the same people for 72 hours straight. Yet, here I am, awake in the middle of the night.

At least there's time for show and tell. Here's what I picked up while in Boston. I only had about an hour and a half to myself the whole time I was there. Luckily, we were right next to a T-station and the stop for Mind's Eye Yarns was only 3 stops away from where I got on. I ran out the door after Wednesday's meeting and was back in time to have dinner with people that I don't really like, but must be nice to in order to keep my job. The fiber is a yummy wool/tencel blend that I've bought from Mind's Eye before and loved so much that I needed more. There was a pair of fingerless gloves in the latest issue of Spin-Off that I loved. The other merino/tencel blend I have was spun on my little Hatchtown spindle and since it came in 4 oz tufts, there isn't much of it. I think a pair of these gloves would be gorgeous made from this stuff.


Remember when I said that I was thinking about making a quilt for my bed? What do you think of these fabrics? There's a pattern called the Two-Dollar Star that I love. I got it from a website called Quilter's Cache. I bought a yard of each fabric and I'll mess around with a couple of blocks to see if I like it. I want to paint my bedroom a spicy orange color (sort of like pumpkin, but with more curry added in). Hub says he doesn't think he'll be able to sleep in it - I said, "close your eyes, you won't even see it."

And like yarn, you can't just buy a couple of yards when you go into a fabric store... Who knows what it will be, but I knew I couldn't just leave it there.


Last, but not least. What happens when you give a 10-year-old with some moxie access to a digital camera and a cool paper fan?



J, tell Isobel that she loves it and wouldn't put it down all weekend long. Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Should have called me -- I couldn't sleep last night either. The air was just not moving. I love the fabric, but you need a foil for all that warmth -- a deep, mottled indigo, perhaps?

Carolyn, aka Curlypurl (www.yarnhead.com/curlypurl)