Thursday, July 07, 2005

Lucky Star

Have I ever mentioned how lucky I am? Truly, I am one lucky girl. Last week, Jillian was finishing a giant project and was ready for a break. "Threadbear?" I suggested. She jumped on the idea like a thirsty woman in the desert staggering toward an oasis and we set out on Friday for a jaunt to Lansing.

Last time we were there, they had a bunch of bags from Dancing Cat. They were lovely, but not quite what I was looking for. Rob suggested going to the website to pick out my favorite fabric and voila. . Is it not lovely? He ordered it for me and I've been waiting (not so patiently), but it was well worth the wait. I can't fill it yet. Weird, I know, but I just want to look at it and touch it.

Also picked up this accessory bag. I wanted them to match in a complementary way. Dancing Cat has the most beautiful fabrics it's hard to choose just one. Great textures, shiney bits...lots of fun to dig through the basket. I found no less than 3 accessory bags that I wanted and had to narrow it down to this one. Good choice, no?

We actually went to the store in order to sit with the spinners in the back. We did do some spinning, ate Chinese food, and met some terrific spinners (whose names have completely fallen out of my head). J shared her Japanese pattern books and we talked lace spinning and alpaca. Look what found its way into my new bag. It was a toss up between this jet black and some cool silvery/dark gray. I wanted both (of course I did - you would too), but opted for just one. How much more spinning fiber does one need? I ended up with bits of alpaca all over my pants, but it spins beautifully on my little Hatchtown spindle. I will definitely go back for more.

I ask again, Threadbear, spinning, new friends, Chinese food, new bag, 2 hour drive with a cool pal, am I lucky or what?

No comments: