Monday, June 13, 2005

Life Lesson

Sassy's last day of school was Friday. Since it was only a half day, I took the day off from work and hung out with Little Big Man until it was time to pick her up. Little Big Man suggested we see Madagascar on him! Being the guilty mom that I am, I tried to talk him out of it. "No, let's just go home and maybe when your Dad comes home, we'll all go see a movie."

He was having none of it. We ended up seeing the new Star Wars. Sassy thought it was too long and boring. Little Big Man and I loved it. We called the Hub as we were leaving the theater and he said, "I came home early to pick Little Big Man up and take him to see Star Wars."

"Yeah," I said, "we kinda just saw it."

"Everyone?"

"Well, everyone, but you."

Little Big Man was bummed, "I shoulda listened to you Mom."

I thought "you'd better remember that next time, boy."


So now summer is upon me. Sassy is staying with my parents and Little Big Man is pretty much self sufficient. I'm free!!! Where's the sangria?

No comments: