Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Complicated Life

Yeah, so it's been a while. Life is more and more complicated every day. I keep expecting things to slow down and they haven't...so I must learn to deal with it better.

Long story short, I was accepted into grad school and will start in the fall. Bad news is, I have to take a Calculus class. The last time I darkened the threshold of a math classroom was June 1983. Somehow, I managed to squeak through undergrad without ever having to take a math class. Anyway, I'm in the throes of hiring a tutor and buying books to get me up to speed in Algebra, Trig, and Calculus. Send me your good math karma.

I was at a ceremony on Monday night for Little Big Man. He received High Honors from his Middle School. He kept trying to warn me that "maybe I'll only get Honors mom." I kept telling him that it didn't matter to me Honors/High Honors - I was just glad he was doing so well. When they announced his name and he got up to collect his certificate, several members of his class cheered for him. That meant more to me than the award, honestly. I was really worried that he would have trouble fitting in with these kids who've known each other since kindergarten. I got a little teary, but managed to hide it well. (Why do I never think to bring tissues to these things?)

I'm knitting (a little), not spinning. I just want my summer vacation to start and it almost has. No more ballet, hockey practice, field hockey games...Friday is the last day of dropping off Sassy at school. I'm ready!

No comments: