Monday, April 19, 2004

I'm happy again

I think Spring has finally arrived in Michigan. We actually slept with the window open last night and woke up to the birds singing this morning (okay, we actually woke up because the cat came running through the house and bounced on our bed on the way to the window to try and get the birds - but it's close right?).

We spent last week mucking out the basement. The kids were on Spring Break anyway, so it was a good time. Every couple of years we try and get a dumpster delivered to our house to take the junk away. We've lived in this house for 12 years and have used the basement as a cache for everything we couldn't bear to get rid of. My advice to myself now is - GET RID OF IT!! It doesn't get any better just because it's been sitting in the basement for a couple of years. Hub replaced the windows and I ripped out the carpet in the living room. My plan was to make it look terrible, thereby forcing Hub to do something about it. It worked. We went to Lowe's last night and checked out all the different brands of laminated flooring. It's truly staggering what they can do with wood and plastic these days. Anyone have horror stories about laminate floors?

My only fiber time last week was crunch knitting. Hub and Little Big Man go to a fishing tournament every year at this time. Last year, Hub came home with a request for some hand knit socks for the raffle table. "Cool," I figured, "I have a whole year to finish 1 pair of socks." Um, yeah, I didn't start the damn things until April 8 - they left for the tourny on April 15. They turned out nicely and the guy who won them was very pleased. I didn't take a picture because I was sick of looking at them every waking moment. Hub and LBM didn't catch one fish - not one. He always tells me, "Catching a fish isn't the point, just being outside in the water is the point." Riiiight.

Here's what I'm happy for today:
seeing the sun
being back at work
not having to knit with 2 strands of Kid 'n Ewe
that Hub didn't win the weekend trip this year (it was a stay in Nepal - oh sure, I'll bet there's fiber there, but who wants to be on a plane for 24 hours!)

No comments: