Monday, May 03, 2004

Spring Cleaning

I'm still on a bender to get my house cleaned up. I don't know what it is this spring, but I just want everything clean and organized. I've noticed this is a trend in blog-land. Consequently, there's not much going on the fiber front. We've been staying up too late watching way too much hockey (Go Red Wings), but I'm too exhausted to knit. I've been half-heartedly spinning, but not much of that either.

Lately, I'm swatch girl. The last couple of times I've been to the yarn shops, all I can pick up is 1 or 2 skeins of something I haven't tried before. Last week, Jillian and I went to the local shop and they finally have the Elsbeth Lavold silky wool. It's so yummy. I wanted to buy several skeins, but contented myself with 1 in the muted yellow. I've got a dream sweater in my head and I think this might be the yarn for it.

Next week I'll be in DC. I'm really dying to see Knit Happens. I have a friend in the area (newby knitter) and we're planning on having dinner and shopping. She always knows the newest, best restaurants in the area. Good food and good yarn - I love DC!

Now, I just have to get through the prep for our meetings and 2 days of meetings before I can splurge. I have to go in a day early, at the request of my boss. I told him I'd be happy to go...on one condition, that he pays for me to stay an extra day. Of course he agreed (what a good guy). Anyway, I'll be wandering through the Textile Museum and the National Museum of Women in the Arts on Friday. Anything else I shouldn't miss?

No comments: