Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Is it Spring yet??

I have Spring fever really bad! These teases of warm weather make me crazy. I want it to stay over 50 degrees F for a couple of days in a row. At least the snow is melting. The dirt roads back into my house are making my car a mess, but I'd much rather have mud than snow. 17 more days!!

And because it's getting warm, here's what I'm working on:


It's a diagonal scarf from my Mountain Colors leftovers. I had the pattern, I had the leftovers, but I wanted a skein that would pull the leftovers together. So, I bought a skein a couple of months ago and then lost it in my house. At least that's what I thought. I was out re-organizing my studio over the weekend and came across the skein - put away in the color box. It came into the house with me and I wound it up right away (before I could lose it again). I like the way it's turning out. The fabric is substantial without being boardy and the Mountain Colors is so luscious!

I don't seem to be able to commit to long term projects these days. I like these little short things that don't take much time. When will my 3 current sweaters (Applegate Shirt, self-designed cardigan, and Emerald Isle Pullover) be finished? Maybe soon, I'm getting the itch to finish things up and get going on another big project. If I sat down and actually worked on them all, I bet I could get them done over the course of a weekend.

Not this weekend, though. I'm taking a gansey class with Beth Brown-Reinsel on Saturday and Sunday. I've wanted to take this class forever, but whenever she and I were in the same place, I was doing other things. I'm really looking forward to it.

One more thing...does anyone who reads this live in Australia? I'd like to have a copy of an old show that ran here in the US back in the 80s. My sister and I used to watch Prisoner - Cell Block H on late night TV. I just found out that it came from Australia and would like to get some episodes to give her for ChrisTmas. Anyone down-under willing to trade? Is there something that you've been pining for here in the US that you can't get there? Drop me a comment and maybe we can work something out.

No comments: