Thursday, January 09, 2003

Well, it wasn't kidney stones - it was a burst appendix! Apparently the man has the pain tolerance of a stone. The surgeon thinks that his appendix burst on Sunday night. My husband went to work on Monday (and to the doctor on Monday night) and then back to work on Tuesday morning. His doctor called me at work because she couldn't get in touch with him to say, "I've already scheduled the surgery and I hope he hasn't eaten anything in the last 5 hours."

Suffice it to say, he had eaten something and was on his way to lunch when I finally caught up with him. This was what he said to me, "Well, I guess I'll get things in order here on the job site. Let my crew know what's up and head over to the hospital. I should be there in about an hour." I think my reply was truly unprintable. Upshot of the story is, he is doing well, taking every pain killer any nurse will hand him and should be home by Friday.

I HATE being a single parent. I don't know how people do it. I'm responsible for homework and hockey practice and making sure everyone has clean clothes to wear everyday and food to eat every evening. It's a good thing my kids like eating cold cereal!

Enough whining - it's time for lunch.

No comments: