Thursday, January 10, 2013

GTD Redux

I believe I've written here before about my attempts at getting on the Getting Things Done train. GTD is the shorthand for a program created by David Allen that shows you how to structure your life so that everything gets done and you have time to do all the things you HAVE to do as well as all the things you WANT to do.

This year, Jillian challenged me to jump back on the train with her. I've spent the majority of the last two days processing notes from meetings I've been involved in over the last 12 months. Seriously! Here's the thing, I take notes on index cards when I'm in a meeting. I capture high points, future projects, action items, and the like. The ideal is to process these notes within a couple of days. The reality is, I had a stack of index cards about four inches tall. Unacceptable.

So, I'm working my way through and hoping I can stick with it. I hate the idea of completely scheduling my life, but it looks like that's the only way I can actually get things done. (see what I did there?)

No comments: