Thursday, July 01, 2010

Here We Go Again

Remember when I said I was going to write every day? That lasted all of 2 months. So, here we go again. At least this month, I'll have things to write about as the Tour de France starts just 2 days from today!

Because I know myself, I need something prodding me to make sure I do write everyday. So, I've signed up for July NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month). I'll have daily prods in case I can't think of anything to write. The theme for this month's NaBloPoMo is Saved.

I drive a hoopty. It's a 2005 Subaru Forester and I love it, but it has 125,000 miles on it and needs more care than I have been able to give it recently. I took it in for an oil change last week and since the tire place was right next door to the oil place I took it over there for a tire rotation and balancing. The tire guys showed me that the tires are wearing unevenly and suggested I go in for an alignment.

The guys at the alignment place did their thing, but when they took it out for a test drive, it was making a funny noise. They put it back up on the lift and discovered a hole where the bolt that holds the steering wheel in place should have been. Let me just pause for a moment to let that sink in. The bolt that holds the steering wheel in place was gone. That means that on any one of my daily trips into work I could have lost control of my car at highway speeds. I shudder to think about all the things that could have happened.

They put a new bolt in place that will keep me safe and will order a part to completely fix the thing. The alignment guys at Ann Arbor Muffler saved me.

No comments: