Wednesday, May 03, 2006

We have arrived!

We're in Frederick, Maryland tonight. Just came back from a fabulous Italian dinner. The cabrese salad was so good, I just knew the tiramisu would be out of this world. It was. A crime to leave even a bite on the plate. I thought about taking a picture of it, but realized I had left my camera in the hotel room. What a blogging lame ass I've become!

Found a teeny, tiny yarn shop that I'll tell you about tomorrow. Left the bag in the car - sorry. I will tell you about the yarn I picked up. It's called Nashua - a chunky yarn that's 75% wool and 25% alpaca (100% soft). I picked up 3 balls of it and will whip it into a quick scarf. Yummy stuff.

Here's one picture for you, but back story first. Every year the Hub goes to a fishing tournament. They have a drawing with raffle prizes and every so often I knit him a pair of giant socks to take for the raffle prize table. This year, I realized I was getting low on my favorite yarn for this project (Bryspun Kid-n-Ewe) and went out hunting for it. It's been discontinued! Put out a call to see if anyone had some and this bag is what I found. This will keep them in socks for years!

No comments: