Wednesday, March 19, 2003

Jumping back in with both feet...

Yesterday was my first day back at work and wow - work has nothing on sitting on the couch with a 2 litter bottle of Diet Pepsi and the remote control. What I could do if I didn't have to work to pay for it!

So, here's a sample of what I've been working on

This is my first pair of Fuzzy Feet (from the last issue of Knitty) before felting. I gave those to my sister Mitzi and here she is wearing them.

I had such a good time knitting the first pair that I made a second pair. Here's my friend Terri wearing those. What fun - now they both have the image of me sitting on my couch, wearing my sling and knitting for them!

I also started on the Kandinsky Kimono and the back is complete. (No picture yet.) I'm a little worried about the ends I wove in. I decided right away that I didn't want to weave them all in after the sweater was complete, so I've been weaving them in as I go along. The problem is with some of the brighter colors - they show through on the black background. You can't really see them from about 2 feet away, but they bother me. My husband just rolls his eyes and says, "Live with it, it's a beautiful piece." (He really did say beautiful - go figure!)

Okay, even with my ever increasing range of motion, that's enough from me today!

No comments: