Friday, February 24, 2006

Where's my black arm band?

I was feeling kind of sorry for myself last night. I knew that I was about to finish the book I've been reading for pleasure - A Breath of Snow and Ashes - the last in the Outlander series. I started reading Outlander over Thanksgiving break and loved it so much that I bought the rest and have been racing through them. They're not the greatest books, but I love the characters so much that I had to find out what happened to them. Please tell me I'm not the only one who mourns at the end of a good book!

So I get home to finish the book with a heavy heart and find Hub and Little Big Man with this in the living room.
Hub said, "Well, I'm 40 now and there are things that I want to do and I can't if I'm fat." Cool! We all tried it out and Sassy thinks it's the coolest thing. Hub even got up early this morning and watched bird hunting shows while he was elipting away.

I got into work this morning and there was an envelope in my mailbox and a message on my voice mail. I'm cranky, I'm in mourning - and there's work to do. The envelope was from a friend I haven't seen in a very long time with a note and a picture of this.
The note said, "Saw this and thought of you ... give me a call when you get a minute." Talking to her was the coolest thing. We made plans to meet for lunch when it gets warm and my day is starting to look up.

The voice mail message was Jillian. I'm on spring break next week and wanted to go play. We're going to do lunch and a movie. Woohoo! I'm starting to pull out of my funk a little more.

Then I go online and find Diana Gabaldon's official website. There is at least 1 more book in the series and possibly 2. Some days it does pay to get out of bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For some reason, I can't allow myself to read the final Outlander book. I just don't want it to be over and so if I don't read the last book, it'll never be over for me!