Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Painting, schmainting, indeed!

Remember, I'm the one who can bring home the bacon and fry it up in a pan...





I pulled out the seams on Sunday while my kids had their riding lesson. I didn't bring anything to distract me and when it only took about an hour to pull out what I had already seamed - I had to sit and fend off the flies.

Seaming back up took about 1.5 hours. Then I did 2 rows of single crochet around the front and neck openings. I have a couple more loose ends to weave in and a beautiful mother-of-pearl button that my son picked out to attach. I'm so glad this is done!!!

I also fiddled around with Sweater Wizard and created my first pattern. It's a mindless mostly stockingette stitch cardigan. I have a huge swatch that I meant to bring in and scan - but forgot it this morning. Jillian suggested an easy lace pattern for the front - so I did that too. It's too difficult to explain in words - you'll have to wait for the scan.

Here's what else I managed to do this weekend (my kids are glad to be going back to school):
Clean (I'm wondering if all my dust has contributed to my allergies this summer)
Paint (2 reds for Louisiana room and 3 greens for living room - I'm trying to make a decision here)
Knit (lotus blossom socks - 1 is finished, the other has been ripped out and restarted)
Beading (I was sucked in on Saturday - $90 in beads sure doesn't go very far!)

I'm off to Boston today! I have a big presentation tomorrow that I've been obsessing about so much that I haven't told anyone I have to give it (except my co-workers). I'll let you know how it goes. Sure hope the cool weather follows me!

No comments: